You are here:Home/News/News/Pro-tips to Effectively Clean Your Home
Pro-tips to Effectively
Clean Your Home
Do you ever get that urge to clean your home and yet you don’t know where to start? Here are tips and tricks on the best way to clean fast and effectively, since we don’t have a lot of time on our hands!
Before you start dusting, wiping and scrubbing, the first thing you need to do is pick up and put away everything on the floor. Doing a big declutter will make cleaning so much faster.
2. Create a special place for all your cleaning supplies and products. Dedicate one bucket or carrier to bring around the house with you while you clean.
3. Divide your cleaning tasks into daily, weekly and monthly schedules so you don’t have to spend hours doing an entire-home deep clean all the time.
Now we’re ready to clean!
Remember the basic: top-to-bottom, left-to-right. If you have to clean the whole house, start with the rooms in the higher floors, and once inside a room, start at the highest point such as shelves and move left-to-right. Dry-dust first, then dampen a microfiber cloth with warm water.
2. As you go through the house, clean furniture fabric: change covers and remake beds, neaten pillows or furniture blankets; and brush or vacuum furniture surfaces as necessary.
3. Wipe down mirrors and windows throughout the house. Use two microfiber cloths— one wet and one dry to leave out marks.
4. Polish all surfaces and counters next and disinfect as needed. Make sure to include all places that are regularly touched such as door handles, light switches, remotes and phones, as they keep a lot of germs.
5. Clean the kitchen by wiping the inside of the microwave, ovens, cabinets and appliance doors. In the bathroom, spray clean the tubs, sinks and toilets.
6. Sweep the floor, then mop or scrub it as needed. As a pro tip, clean your bathroom floors with a microfiber cloth and cleanser with your own hands to make sure that you’ve covered every corner and that everything is disinfected.
7. Lastly, vacuum from the rooms, down to the ground floor, the living room and out of the house to cover the spots you’ve missed.
Click on the different category headings to find out more. You can also change some of your preferences. Note that blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience on our websites and the services we are able to offer.
Essential Website Cookies
These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our website and to use some of its features.
Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the website, you cannot refuse them without impacting how our site functions. You can block or delete them by changing your browser settings and force blocking all cookies on this website.
Google Analytics Cookies
These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our website and application for you in order to enhance your experience.
If you do not want that we track your visist to our site you can disable tracking in your browser here:
Other external services
We also use different external services like Google Webfonts, Google Maps and external Video providers. Since these providers may collect personal data like your IP address we allow you to block them here. Please be aware that this might heavily reduce the functionality and appearance of our site. Changes will take effect once you reload the page.
Google Webfont Settings:
Google Map Settings:
Vimeo and Youtube video embeds: